The Government of India orders issued today is attached.
Please read the attachments carefully, and send documented to respective CDAs to get the arrears in time. Document to be sent to CDAO Pune for Army Offices is also attached.
1. Those in service on 01 Jan 1986, will get benefit of full rank pay till the date of retirement (corresponding to their rank on various dates) and half of the rank pay from the date of retirement till 31 Dec 2006.
2. The officers who retired before 01 Jan 1986, will get half of the rank pay as addition to their earlier pension, starting from 01 Jan 1986, till 31 Dec 2006.
3. For the revised pay in both cases the additional DA will also be added.
4. Interest will be given only with effect from 01 Jan 1986. Rate of interest has not been defined in the Supreme Court order. It may be defined in the subsequent letter by the Government.
5. Whether the income tax due will be deducted at source or you will have to pay later is not known at present.
Thank you Pay Cells of The Three Service Headquarters.
Of course the MoD deserves NO THANKS.
GOD will suitably look after all the Babus who are responsible for this gross cheating with the Defense Officers in the case of Rank Pay.
(Contributed by Commodore Bhim Uppal)